Allspring is deeply involved with leading global sustainability initiatives
In relation to industry initiatives, our approach to environmental, social, governance (ESG) places a large amount of value on understanding best practices and contributing our expertise to developing evolving standards around ESG. We are developing close partnerships with leading industry associations, disclosures and standards bodies, and non-profit organizations to help lead and drive the latest approaches to the integration of ESG in financial strategies and processes. These include:
- Principles for Responsible Investment: Allspring Global Investments (Allspring)1 is a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and have committed to implementing six Principles related to ESG integration. We are represented on the Fixed Income Advisory Committee and work with the PRI to bring together industry professionals to learn from the latest industry trends.
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board: At the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), an organization dedicated to standardizing disclosure of material, industry-specific sustainability information, we are represented on the Standards Board, the Investor Advisory Group, and the Standards Advisory Group. Allspring is also a member of the SASB Alliance.
- Ceres: We are Investor Network Members at Ceres, a sustainability nonprofit working with influential investors and companies to tackle the world's biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
- Stewardship Codes: Allspring Investments has been a signatory to Japan's Stewardship Code and the UK Stewardship Code. The codes aim to encourage investor and company engagement in promoting sustainable growth. As a signatory, Allspring Investments commits to actively engage with the companies in which it invests, publicly disclose its stewardship responsibilities and voting activities, monitor investee companies, and manage conflicts of interests through robust policies and procedures.
- Allspring Global InvestmentsTM (Allspring) is the trade name for the asset management firms of Allspring Global Investments Holdings, LLC, a holding company indirectly owned by certain private funds of GTCR LLC and Reverence Capital Partners, L.P. These firms include but are not limited to Allspring Global Investments, LLC, and Allspring Funds Management, LLC, and exclude Galliard Capital Management, Inc. Prior to this, Allspring Global Investments, LLC alone was signatory to the PRI. Galliard is separately a signatory of the PRI, remains so, and submits a separate report.